Sequential Barricade Warning Lamp
Pi-Lit® Sequential Barricade Warning Lamps enhance safety for work-zone personnel as well as motorists entering the work zone. Much as a pilot is guided to the runway by the sequential flashing strobes (“rabbit”), sequential warning lamps aid the driver by guiding them safely through the work zone.
Drivers approaching the work zone are often confused by the number of flashing lights, vehicle light bars, and “flood lamps” located in the work area. The Pi-Lit® Sequential Warning Lamp is designed to help prevent work zone accidents due to driver confusion. The Sequential Barricade Warning Lamp mounts on any drum, vertical panel, or barricade, and communicates with one another to form a smooth and calming pattern that guides motorist safely through the work zone.
A number of studies have shown that the use of sequential warning lamps at the entrance of a work zone reduces vehicle speed and enhances driver compliance. Drivers approaching the work zone see the visual warning and guidance which results in earlier merging and slowing, thereby reducing the chance of incident.
Using Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) we can offer a “tail-off” that provides a more calming effect. Looks smooth and greatly enhances guidance. Uses a bit more energy; ~3 months (or more) of continuous flash time.
Want to get the drivers attention? The Pi-Lit “Fast” pattern emulates the airport runway “rabbit” demanding the drivers eye. They can’t miss it, and this pattern quite effectively slows traffic. You will hear drivers exclaim, “What is that?” as they slow down. Uses the least energy; ~5-6 months continuous flashing.
More of a tool to designate a barrier or delineator marking the edge of a road way, the simultaneous flash mode can be seen from great distances and paints an edge to the intended path. Battery consumption similar to pattern 3, the “Wave.” Expect ~3 month of continuous flash.
- Powered by 4 D-cell alkaline batteries
- Battery life = ~4-5 months of continuous flashing (battery status check with push of a button)
- 2.4 GHz Radio Communications – FCC Compliant
- 1000 foot range (300 meter) between lamps
- Complies with I.T.E and MUTCD Regulations
- 4 Sequential flash patterns, 1 simultaneous flash pattern
- Steady-Burn feature – With or without sequential flash
- 24 hour mode or night time only mode – Photocell detects sunlight and places the lamp in sleep mode until ambient light diminishes
- New case design allows for easy battery replacement and long-term/permanent mounting of lamp
- Remote control from 300 meters ((1000 feet)